You are hereSelectboard and Board of Sewer Commissioners Meeting
Selectboard and Board of Sewer Commissioners Meeting
- Minutes from May 1, 2012 - approval
- Mark Skinner Library - update (Town Board members and Executive Director)
- 2012 Town Plan - possible adoption (second hearing - previously warned)
- Outdoor Consumption (liquor license) for Fire Fly Restaurant on Depot Street - approval
- Liquor Licenses (including but not limited to new license for Al Ducci's on Elm Street) - approval
- Park House Design Contract with Bread Loaf - approval (pending)
- Roundabout Project - update
- Student Appointments to Town Boards and Commissions - approval
- Emergency Management (including NIMS training) - update
- Other Business
Attendees: Ivan Beattie (chair), Wayne Bell (vice-chair), Lisa Souls, Carol Lattuga, Steve Nichols.
Other Attendees: John O'Keefe, Lee Krohn, Besty Bleakie, Don Brodie, Dick Smith and others (see attached).
Acting chair Bell called the meeting to order at 7:10PM.
Minutes from May 1, 2012
Souls moved, seconded by Lattuga, to approve the minutes. Motion carried 3-0. Nichols abstained.
Mark Skinner Library - update
Town-appointed board members (represented by Brodie) and Bleakie updated the Selectboard on the Library including plans to construct a new building on Cemetery Avenue.
The Board took no action.
Town Plan Hearing
Beattie entered meeting at 7:20PM.
Beattie opened the hearing, the second required by State law. The previous hearing was held on May 1, 2012.
The Board and Krohn discussed the Town Plan. Smith asked a questions about the plan relative to ridge lines and wind turbines.
Lattuga moved, seconded by Bell, to close the hearing. Motion carried 5-0.
Then, Bell moved, seconded by Lattuga, to approve the Town Plan as presented by the Planning Commission. Motion carried 5-0.
Board members praised the hard work of the Town's Planning Commission and Town Planner Krohn.
Outdoor Consumption Permit
Bell moved, seconded by Lattuga, to approve the outdoor consumption permit with the following conditions:
(1) the license holder shall ensure that such outside consumption of alcoholic beverages does not result in unreasonable noise, so that the comfort and repose of any person in the vicinity is disturbed; (2) total restaurant seating for the license holder shall not exceed the maximum number of seats set forth in the license holder’s zoning permit and Town Water/Sewer permits; (3) all aspects of the permit granted herein shall conform to the regulations and requirements set forth in the Town of Manchester’s Zoning and Sign Ordinances; and, (4) Patrons shall not be seated outdoors after 11:00 p.m.
O'Keefe and Krohn noted that the business was permitted for 41 seats, including the new outdoor seating.
Suspension of the Rules
Souls moved, seconded by Nichols, to suspend the Rules so that the Board could meet until no later than 10PM. Motion carried 5-0.
Park House Design Contract with Bread Loaf - approval
O'Keefe and the Board discussed the pending design contract with Bread Loaf (so-called Part I) and the Town's option to hire Bread Loaf to oversee the construction of the Park House (Part II).
Nichols moved, seconded by Lattuga, to approve the design contract for the Park House with Bread Loaf (so-called Part I of the agreement). Motion carried 5-0.
Other Business - Sidewalk Sales Approval
Maguinness and the Board discussed the upcoming sidewalk sales. Nichols moved, seconded by Lattuga, to approve the sidewalk sales based on the memorandum submitted by the Chamber of Commerce.
Student BBA Appointments to Town Boards and Commissions
After a brief discusssion, Bell read a list of recommended appointments and moved, seconded by Lattuga, to appoint a slate of students to Town boards and commissions (see attached list). Motion carried 5-0.
Emergency Management and NIMS Training
The Board and O'Keefe discuss the Town's efforts relative to Emergency Management. The Board took no action.
Bell moved, seconded by Lattuga, to adjourn. Motion carried 5-0.